Variable Rate Class Action Lawsuit
- Obtain further details in regards to the class action lawsuit entitled Lori Sanborn, et al. v. Viridian Energy Inc., et al.
- VariableRateSettlement.com claim form deadline is listed as 6/14/18
- A settlement fairness hearing will take place on or around 6/25/18: Final Hearing at 10:00 am ET to determine of the proposed settlement is fair to class members
Class members in the VariableRateSettlement class action lawsuit contend that the variable rates Viridian charge them were not tied to the wholesale price for energy BUT Viridian’s rates increased to match spikes in the underlying market price and remained at an elevated rate. Viridian Energy denies any actions of wrong doing but have agreed to a mind-blowing 18.5 million dollar settlement fund in order to avoid further litigation.Advertisement:
- Plaintiff Lori Sanborn originally filed the lawsuit back in November of 2014
- Viridian Energy does not have to admit to any wrong doing under the terms of the settlement
- The Variable Rate Settlement class action lawsuit is listed as case number 3:14-cv-01731 (SRU) and is under review in the U.S. District Court for the District of Connecticut
- Should the total Calculated Loss of the valid claims filed by Class Members exceed the $18.5 million settlement fund minus Court-approved fees and expenses, each claimant’s award will be reduced pro rata
Any questions in regards to the settlement can be directed to 1-844-491-5745 or class members looking to reach out via US Mail can write to: Sanborn, et al. v. Viridian Energy, Inc., P.O. Box 42779, Philadelphia, PA 19101-2779.
Class members who file valid claims will be represented by:
- Robert Izard, Craig Raabe, and Seth Klein of Izard Kindall & Raabe LLP
- Steven L. Wittels, J. Burkett McInturff, and Tiasha Palikovic of Wittels Law
- Jonathan Shub of Kohn Swift & Graft PC
- Daniel Hymowitz and Andre Belenky of Hymowitz Law Group PLLC
- Richard Greenfield of Greenfield & Goodman LLC and Cuneo Gilbert & LaDuca LLP PC